Saturday, January 9, 2010

Blue Like Play Dough
By Tricia Goyer
Author Website: www.TriciaGoyer.com

Available in paperback and Kindle. Multnomah, 2009; ISBN: 1601421524; 208 pages.

Have you ever read a book that makes you want to be best friends with the author?

I have found the most valuable parenting resources are parents themselves. I can read all the books I want, take all the classes I can, and watch every last episode of TLC, but I learn the most from simply sitting with another mom and hashing about life. It’s over coffee and laughs that I find I’m not alone, I’m not insane and God’s not done with me yet.

Tricia Goyer’s newest book, Blue Like Play Dough, is like that. Reading it feels like a mom-date, a much needed dose of perspective wrapped in love and friendship. I loved it.

The author shares her unlikely journey from rebellious, pregnant teen to busy wife and mom with big dreams of her own. As her story unfolds, Tricia realizes that God has more in store for her than she has ever imagined possible.

Sure, life is messy and beset by doubts. But God keeps showing up in the most unlikely places–in a bowl of carrot soup, the umpteenth reading of Goodnight Moon, a woe-is me teen drama, or play dough in the hands of a child.

In this transparent account, you’ll find understanding, laughter, and strength for your own story. And in the daily push and pull, you’ll learn to recognize the loving hands of God at work in your life … and know He has something beautiful in mind.

Final Thoughts: Good stuff. This is a great work to help moms rise above the monotony of everyday life. Sometimes we feel survival is success, but God has so much more in mind. This book gives readers a glimpse of His character and purposes. Great read.

No comments: