Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Little Bit Wicked: Life Love and Faith in Stages

by Kristin Chenoweth with Joni Rodgers
Author Websites: http://www.kristin-chenoweth.com/ and http://www.jonirodgers.com/

Available in hardback, Kindle and audio CD. Touchstone, 2009; ISBN: 1416580557; 240 pages.


I'm not into celebrity books. Neither am I a big fan of memoirs (though recent book choices might prove otherwise). This book, which encompasses both categories, was fantastic. I couldn't put it down!

It reads as if you're sitting in her living room drinking tea and eating some scrumptious dessert. Ms. Chenoweth effortlessly combines her faith with her experiences and her confidence in who she is. You won't find any apologies or fake modesty, just an honest and witty portrayal of the way she sees life. It's delightful!

A stylistic note: I greatly appreciated the tone of this book. It is simply clean and friendly and funny. There are no explicit "tell-all" scenes, no bashing of other people, no negative vibes. With a single exception there aren't even any curse words or vain uses of God's names. A wonderful testament, a respectful perspective. Well done! I didn't agree with everything she said (particularly some of her views on sin and basic Bible interpretation), but I thoroughly enjoyed her "voice," the way she expressed herself, her thoughts and her beliefs.

Final Thoughts: I loved it. I couldn't put it down. It would make a great beach read. Add it to your summer reading list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review! I have great respect for the work of bradway stars and to hear that she is also a woman of faith is a bonus.